Oil Change Service
It is the most basic facet of vehicle maintenance. Having your oil changed is a quick, simple process that breathes new life into your vehicle’s engine. It is also one of the easiest ways to avoid a more costly engine repair.
Heat is Your Engine’s Enemy
There is a lot going on inside your engine. Fuel is injected and then ignited forcing your vehicle’s pistons to move and powering the movement of your vehicle. That process creates a lot of friction. This amount of friction creates a lot of heat and heat is very bad for engines. It is the oil in your engine that lubricates the moving parts which lowers the friction and reduces the heat. New oil can do this efficiently. As your oil ages and is cycled through your engine its viscosity changes and it becomes less useful in preventing friction.
The Oil Change Process
When your vehicle is ushered into the bay the drain plug is removed and the oil is drained. Then the drain plug is reinstalled. Now the new oil filter is installed and the recommended amount of oil is added to the reservoir. The oil level is checked and the process is complete.
A Dale Feste Oil Change
- Changing the engine oil and filter.
- Adding up to 5 quarts of oil of the proper viscosity recommended for your engine.
- Lubricating the chassis (when applicable).
- Topping off all other fluids.
- Adjusting tire pressures.
- Disposing of your old oil according to EPA standards, protecting our environment.
- Performing a bumper to bumper complete vehicle maintenance inspection.
We provide way more than a quick lube that just changes your filter and drains and fills the oil. At Dale Feste Automotive we provide a full service oil change featuring ASE trained technicians.